About Me

My photo
A journalist and an aspiring writer.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

On Del Portro having to retire due to heat

"This man is one to watch for...Really, if he keeps himself fit, he CAN do magic. I watch him on TV and watch him play confidently...I know this is not the time to predict anything, But I really liked the way he played, he kept on reminding me of Roger in his ponytale days...He has talent and has a very long way to go."

Sadly, he couldn't go far...

On the Day of Draw, He celebrated his Birth-day...

Nobody noticed him much (fans, I mean, coz I liked his photo in the newspapers, especially that Huge Chocolate Cake...)

then He came accross

former world number 1 (Moya- the one Chennai looked upon and the one Mumbai was looking for)


Portro- The 18 year old from Argentina played fabulously...


And then...his journey in Mumbai ended in the Heat...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Not all fairy-tale can have good ending but this one has just started... he is definately a guy to watch.

Just see his stats:
scoreboards.aol.com/tennis/player/95344/player.aspx

For his ATP profilewww.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/?playernumber=D683

No comments: